OfficePicasso

An Office Doodler extraordinaire. Information worker by day...artist by day.
A collection of doodles, drawings, and stories of an Office Picasso.

Friday, June 16, 2006

National Don't Ride Your Bike to Work


I'm all for environmentalist, saving the environment, clean air, etc. I recycle my aluminum cans, carpool, ride the bus. I love Mother Earth, plant a tree, reduce, reuse, recycle.
And even though bikers are saving the earth ever so more than me, they annoy me. Get out of my lane! You make it impossible to pass your bike, holding up traffic for miles. What ever happen to those good ole days when you bikers biked on sidewalks. Roads are for cars.

You are on the road. Fine. But then you don't follow the rules. Running reds and stop signs, weaving between cars, hopping on and off sidewalks. You need to pick a team, either the road team or the sidewalk team, then stick with it.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, those guys are annoying. And then if you hit them *you* will get sued. Stupid.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when you're a biker you hate cars... when you're a driver you hate bikes... when will we all learn to get along?

    i have a dream that one day we will live in a nation where we will not be judged by the type of vehicle we drive but the content of our wallets.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous aceHole said…

    We have to breathe your exaust! And out tax dollars go to secure foreign oil that we don't use! I hope gas goes up to $5 dollars a gallon. And we have much sexier legs, so there. And we're totally above the law. :-) I do try to stay out of the way, but the danger of being "doored" by people who don't check their mirrors make it safer to encroach on your lane a bit, rather than ride right nest to parked cars - can't count how many near misses I've had with doors suddenly being thrown open in front of me! I'll try to stay out of the way if you guys check your mirrors, deal?

    PS - check out Amsterdam or Bangkok - now those are towns ruled by bikes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home